This project has been a successful development of a C segment vehicle up to working progress new platform.
The vehicle has been redesigned two times with two complete different stile solutions.
This project has been a successful development of a C segment vehicle up to working progress new platform. The vehicle has been redesigned two times with two complete different stile solutions.
- Phase 1 – Style feasibility and 3D detailing for:
- Side doors
- Phase 2 – Complete new Style emission and related stile feasibility for:
- Front bumper
- Rear bumper
- Front end
- Side doors
- Tail gate
- Underbody integration
- Sun roof integration
- Lighting system integration
- Side mirror integration
- Door handles integration
- Phase 1 and Phase 2:
- Micro project management
- Engineering meeting organized in MGRD’s premises
- Style feasibility
- Technical surface proposal to Style tem
- Style verification for manufacturability
- Resident liaison engineer in Customer’s premises
- Typical sections
- Packaging definition
- Ergonomics verification
- Homologation verifications
- Preliminary Assembly sequence proposal
- Preliminary locator strategy
- Preliminary welding feasibility
- GD&T, Gap & Flush
- Components integration or preliminary component 3D base on existing part.
- Supplier interaction for part manufacturability and performances
- CAS surfaces
- A-class surfaces
- Project macro Time plan
- Body interfaces
- Carry over target par
- CAS surfaces feasibility studies
- BOM, FMEA
- 3D data and 2D drawings of parts and assemblies
- Clash and clearance Analysis (DMU)
- Modification management
- Meeting calendar organization
- Phase 1 – December 2003 – July 2004
- Phase 2 – May 2005 – July 2005
MGRD added value and achievement:
- Quick and prompt support to customer requirements gives the style more option to be optimized in less time.
- Unigraphics solid modelling method, proposed by MGRD, has successfully and quickly respond to huge modification request producing up to date model for the CAE and Cost analysis.
- Best body side panel ever done (declared by customer tooling department director after the first polyester milling) thanks to peculiar MGRD attention in managing all the sheet metal panels’ edges.