Side Doors, bonnets, gates, back doors and sliding doors are systems having similar complexities and characteristics to those mentioned in the BIW system session, with the implication of complicated kinematic and movable parts that directly and significantly affect instantaneous customer perception.
Our verification tools, a vast mechanism benchmark, internal standards and FMEA updated with all lessons learned on the projects and production, are the elements that enable us to be efficient in all the different variants of closure systems in the market. This means we can rapidly define standard solutions, saving precious time to investigate possible improvements or innovative solutions. As system leader, MGRD is able to manage or provide all necessary activities for closure development and to monitor it with FLASH support.
MGRD’s main development activities are:
- DMU, FMEA, BOM,
- 3D studies and detailing,
- Proto and production drawings or 3Dannotations.
- Fitting and assembling simulation of components and structural sub assembly
- Kinematic and glass drop simulation including glass shape optimization up to A class quality.
- Assembling and locator strategy definition
- Welding point and other joinery solutions definition
- Change management
- Problem solving
In addition to the vast database available we can provide physical benchmarking which, through systematic dismantling operations, can provide:
- Geometrical solution description and related pros & cons.
- Fixings/joinery/assembling strategy.
- Material proprieties.
- Modal/stiffness analysis and target setting,
- Ergonomic values
- Photoscanning, etc…
- Virtual Validations:
- NVH: Vibration, Body stiffness and acoustics
- Strength & Durability: body durability, spot welds and other joinery technology analysis
- Passive safety: Full vehicle crashworthiness and biomechanical analysis
- Structural optimization: For stamped and other forming technology in order to optimize system structure and reduce weight.
- Prepending and preloading definition
- Sealing system simulation:
- At sealing system level
- Sealing introduction and extraction
- Sealing reaction force verification
- Side door glass Working condition analysis
- At body level.
- BIW/closures behaviour like sash condition affected by sealing forces
- At sealing system level
- Sheet metal pressing: Preliminary pressing simulation, pressing method definition, consecutive complete set of pressing simulations, proto and production dies design from short up to long lead time components.
- Assembling: In addition to our experience in proposing assembling strategy and reference points according to project needs, we can provide feature design services for proto and for production assembling focusing on specific project issues or multi-version feature requirements.
- GD&T 3D tolerance chain simulation: This activity is carried out using 3DCS software and it is addressed to complete systems as BIW and closures . The target is project optimization, definition and agreement of both tolerance plan and Gap&Flush. Thanks to our diagnostic experience, and using the same software, we are also able to perform post-production verification through reverse engineering methods in order to optimize the existing solution.