Feasibility is the most delicate phase and is the real expression of MGRD’s experience. MGRD can offer its feasibility expertise in the following areas: the underbody, the upperbody and all the vehicle trims.
The speed in establishing product and process targets, standards and technical/legislative norms is combined with experience and competence in anticipating and finding quick solutions leading rapidly to a real state of feasibility of the style model.
However, all this is only due to the communicative ability, positive thinking, co-responsibility and experience of our feasibility teams, who are able to establish a climate of collaborative creativity aimed at finding innovative workable solutions which give form to the stylistic target.
MGRD’s main feasibility activities are:
- 3D typical sections and related section book or feasibility drawing
- Rough 3D modelling and primary sealing flange definition
- 2D moulding and pressing feasibility analysis.
- Preliminary BOM
- Feasibility check list
In this phase MGRD is able to speed up some part or joinery modelling activity in order to bring forward the following feasibility-related activities:
- CAE Verification: For some specific predictable structural issue that could affect stile. One typical example is pedestrian impact requirement.
- Pressing verification: For sheet metal exterior parts (A class components) we have the capability to make a preliminary die feasibility analysis, suggest the pressing method and simulate it with major focus on exterior surface complexity and quality achievement.
- Assembling strategy verification: In the initial phases, we can take into consideration product and assembly constraints. To reach the style feasibility solution, we can then provide proposals for the features typology and layout, both for prototype and production.
- Style surfacing: C and B class surface proposals, based on style intent, converging with technical requirements or to demonstrate hard infeasibility.